Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Replacement for Eggs?

It is always easy to find vegetarian recipes on the internet but many of them still contain eggs. It was usually frustrating for me to finally find something that looks really good just to see that one of the ingredients are eggs. Thankfully, there are available replacements for eggs depending on the purpose you will use it for. I found a very helpful guide on the internet and my favorite part so far are bananas, which I use when I make pancakes.

Bananas
When making banana bread and other cakes containing bananas, the fruit itself has binding qualities and can stand in as an egg replacer. For every egg you need, simply mash or purée 1/2 banana.

Here is the direct link to the complete guide: VegWeb Guide to Egg Replacers

The website itself is full of very useful information and mouthwatering recipes that are worth trying! :)

______________________


Further reading:

Egg Replacement - Peta.org

No comments:

Post a Comment